Home › Forums › ARCHIVES › NW525: Back to Basics (K9NW), 10/10/16 › NW525: GOLD Students (Private Lessons, OK for all to view!) › NW525: Kathryn & Hunter (mixed, VA) › Reply To: NW525: Kathryn & Hunter (mixed, VA)
Ok! Your challenges were good! Did the search end up as you expected?
I know containers are a big challenge for you and Hunter! Nice to see he quickly solves the problems. Does he always go counter-clock-wise? Did you notice that he tended to skip a lot of the containers, especially from the threshold and after he found a hide? Did you notice Hunter ranged out into your basement further after he’d already found the hide when there was just one?
Here are some other things I noticed about this search – not necessarily a specific challenge, but the way it was set up:
* Containers were set in a circle
* Every other container was a box
* Some flat bags are included
* Only one tall bag (w/the odor)
* The search area is around two of your basement posts, with 2 “walls” adjacent
* Spacing of your containers is about 2-feet apart
* In the second search the fan is moved
* The non-odor containers remained the same
In your practices, is this generally how you would set up a search or two searches building on one another? (Not saying it’s right or wrong, just curious.) 🙂
Joyride K9 Dog Training