~JOYRIDE K9 *REMOTE* K9NW EDUCATION~

Overall, from what we see this search is not bad. It is so great to see Lily really investigating for more hides as you work thru the search area. And it sounds like the hybrid of having a plan but letting her diverge slightly is working pretty well for you! 🙂

At the end (sidewalk) when you wanted her to search it, one thing I noticed is at (2:19) Lily was wanting to investigate a plant (or light fixture?) and you pulled her off. I have to wonder if any of the adjacent odor was collecting there and she would have found it given the opportunity? Would you have been looking for those cues had you not known where the hide was? It’s all those subtleties that are important to take note of. If you watch the video, you can see Lily ALSO notices the light fixture AFTER the hide she passes, so I have to wonder if she’s catching odor there, as well. On the way back, fortunately you let her get slightly in front of you so she does cross over and gets the hide. 🙂

I’ll leave it up to you if you’d like to do another Exterior or switch over to Containers. I would recommend, if you’re planning to put any type of restrictions/patterning into the Container search that you first begin w/o the distractors. Just do a simple search to see if Lily responds to the pressure.

Kimberly Buchanan
Joyride K9 Dog Training