~JOYRIDE K9 *REMOTE* K9NW EDUCATION~

Kimberly Buchanan
Keymaster

Ok, a couple of things I saw;

First off, you have way more leash than you need for this search. I would go to a 6-8′ length.

Part of the exercise involved paying your dog each time she went to source. You praised her off instead of paying. Knowing there are distractors nearby you risk her becoming more interested in those than odor (since it’s not paying anymore). Just something to think about and why I added that part into the exercise.

Also, you are marking each find with a “yes” the first time 2/3 of the time. I think this will become confusing to Prim when you do a blind search and don’t know where the hides are. Relying on her to stay at a hide w/o a marker could be a challenge later on.

Overall, I see improvement from Part A of the exercise. Using this part of your decking is an interesting adaptation of the exercise. I think I would have spread out a little bit more, even into the gravel (or is that her potty area?) to give more space between boxes. I think the reason she missed the last hide could have been because they were very close together.

Nice that there were no barking dogs this time! 🙂

Kimberly Buchanan
Joyride K9 Dog Training