~JOYRIDE K9 *REMOTE* K9NW EDUCATION~

Kimberly Buchanan
Keymaster

Ok, so you had 4 hides, not 3?

Boy, you surely can see where making a decision to not pay at the beer bottle when she first noticed the odor backfired! I think if you were to do it over again, first try to pay as soon as she noticed it. If you missed that reward timing, I’d still pay when she sat but reinforce the find by rewarding w/o a sit. The other hides were great!

Also, since you’re newly working on the “sit” issue, I would continue to pay Blackie every time she goes back to a hide. You risk adding more confusion when you do not pay again at odor. You also risk a lot by keeping her in the search area after she’s found all the hides but especially not paying again. That exercise is best reserved when you can have someone coach you in real time and very infrequently, mostly just to know what happens. Well you found out! She starts to false and sit again! So don’t do that! 🙂

Ideally, I’d have ended the search after Blackie located and was paid at that final hide at (2:47).

I think things are progressing with Blackie’s lack of a sit indication so keep up that process for awhile more! 🙂

Kimberly Buchanan
    Joyride K9 Dog Training