~JOYRIDE K9 *REMOTE* K9NW EDUCATION~

Kimberly Buchanan
Keymaster

You can see my comments on Linda’s thread, as well. I edited the lesson to now clearly state Interior and Exterior ELEMENTS. 🙂

I think having the containers there and the lingering odor was just too confusing. This is something I might work with some more advanced teams, tho’ I wouldn’t leave odor containers in a space since we know containers hold onto scent and it can be doubly confusing for the dog trying to decide lingering vs. odor deep inside a container. And also why we don’t store odor containers with non-odor containers. Too easily contaminated and confusing for the dogs.

Regardless, I think a couple of things can be learned here;

Taku was very good at noticing the lingering odor! He was also very insistent a couple of times. You were spot on, IMO, about rewarding Taku at (2:06) for noticing the odor up above. Especially since he’s been in the search, STILL WORKING, for a whopping 2 minutes! Good boy! 🙂

I’ll give you the same choice as Linda, whether you’d like to try a repeat but do the exercise as an Interior Element search or move onto the next exercise? I know it can be hard to find the time and space to set things up so I’ll let you decide.

Kimberly Buchanan
    Joyride K9 Dog Training