~JOYRIDE K9 *REMOTE* K9NW EDUCATION~

Kimberly Buchanan
Keymaster

Yes, Deb’s got it. 🙂

I would also consider asking Taku to check the boxes. Now, do this with CARE since showing too much attention to something might create a problem of selling the dog and you could get some falsing. But as an experiment, I might try some presentations to encourage him to investigate. NOW, keep in mind, when you do this, the moment he starts to head to the thing you asked him to check you are gradually moving AWAY from it so you don’t sell it. If odor is there he should be telling you, not the other way around. As you move away, if he stays, you go BACK to it. DO NOT STAND THERE WAITING FOR A RESPONSE!

(NOTE: This will conflict with the rushing in to pay advice I gave in a different post. This is another technique to experiment with.)

I don’t know if it will help, but with a thoughtful approach, this might encourage him to check a little harder.

The other thing you might try is to have 5 or 6 odors, including corners or edges and see if he takes those to you naturally without you having to do any sort of presentation. But absolutely, you need to move yourself on all sides so Taku is able to investigate the outsides of all the containers.

Hope that helps!

Kimberly Buchanan
    Joyride K9 Dog Training