~JOYRIDE K9 *REMOTE* K9NW EDUCATION~

Kimberly Buchanan
Keymaster

First off, your container choices were perfect! 🙂

Interesting that Darcie recognized the odor on the rolling briefcase on the case itself! Somehow that odor must have dropped onto the bag, as you say, tho’ I am surprised she was that definite w/o nosing up towards the handle. Is it possible there is an open hole or possibly the telescoping arm that the odor traveled down onto the bag? She had a nice head-snap as she started to pass by.

Great job on that tall skinny folding chair! My dogs would’ve knocked that over easily. 😉 I liked the way she located that hide from the adjacent objects. I thought this was a great part of the search. Odor was moving between the objects and she worked scent from them to the hide.

As for the suitcase, she notices odor at (1:17) but is at the top of the bag so maybe doesn’t believe she’s found source. It seems there is odor drifting over to the wall so there is some breeze. You can see this from the leaves on the adjacent bush, too. She may have been moving a bit too fast the times she passed by it initially. Especially with two other odors deeper into the search area, it’s not uncommon for dogs to miss hides near the front.

I think your choice to do this search off-leash was a good one and it allowed her to move freely thru the space and she did well at covering the search area. I also think your instincts where to stand as she was searching worked really well.

Good job! 🙂

Kimberly Buchanan
    Joyride K9 Dog Training