~JOYRIDE K9 *REMOTE* K9NW EDUCATION~

Taku – one vehicle, creative

Home Forums ARCHIVES ARCHIVES-SOTMC FORUMS SOTMC-2016-06-June Taku – one vehicle, creative

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Terry Wright and Kai
      Participant

6-17-16
        Got my butt up and out yesterday to do two vehicle searchs… LOL it’s a start ๐Ÿ™‚

I’ve gone back to pairing.

Wind is blowing from the south to the north. So is hitting the drivers side of the truck.

One hind placed on the passengers side, at the bottom of where the door shuts. Was cooking for about 30/40 minutes.

We started at the front of the truck, Taku choose to go down the passenger side. At .08 sec he passed the hide, goes out from the truck (I took that as the wind blowing the odor away from truck) and back in by the rear tire works the side of truck head back to the front and gets to hide at .19 sec. He gets the treat that is paired with the hide and I rush in with more treats ๐Ÿ™‚

Next, I placed 2 hides (paired) on the drivers side, 1 paired hide on the trailer hitch. These only cooked for about 5/10 minutes.

Started at the front of the truck, Taku picked the passenger’s side to check out first (I’m thinking, lingering odor and/or odor blowing from the drivers side?). Taku found the the hitch hide at .16 sec. spent several seconds to get him to move on from that hide. He moved to the drivers side of the truck walking to the front and missed the two hides. Went to the front and turned around, I take a step back and he finds the one at the bottom of the wheel rim at .57 sec. (had to remove this hide, as he didn’t want to leave it), he hen continues down the side of the truck to the hide at the bottom of the crack where the door shuts (like on the other side, the first hide). 1.32 to get all 3! I’ll take that ๐Ÿ™‚

Then I read your instructions again and realize I was suppose to redo the exercise from different start lines…. uhoh

Going out now to set some other *different* vehicle hides ๐Ÿ™‚

Terry Wright

Kimberly Buchanan
        Keymaster

No worries, it’s all good! At least that’s what Taku says! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Kimberly Buchanan
          Joyride K9 Dog Training

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • The topic ‘Taku – one vehicle, creative’ is closed to new replies.