~JOYRIDE K9 *REMOTE* K9NW EDUCATION~

SOTMC-2016 May Lesson

Home Forums ARCHIVES ARCHIVES-SOTMC FORUMS SOTMC-2016-05-May SOTMC-2016 May Lesson

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Kimberly Buchanan
      Keymaster

“Around the Clock”
        Vehicles

For those of you who have difficulty finding enough vehicles, just adapt what you can. The idea is to change the configuration of the vehicles so that hides will be on the PERIMETER of the cluster of vehicles as such:

Around the clock

It is up to you to decide where to place the hide, how many hides to place and whether to make the hide accessible or inaccessible. Maybe two sourceable vs one inaccessible, etc.  (HINT: The higher levels should be experimenting more than those of you who are still working on the basics with your dogs.) Take a look at the differences with low vs. higher profile vehicles, if you can do it, as well!

Let’s see what you come up with! 🙂

Kimberly Buchanan
        Joyride K9 Dog Training

Susanne Howarth
        Participant

Kim: I have to laugh! All of April, I was looking forward to May, assuming that we’d have something a bit more doable — perhaps only two cars? Or one? Instead? You give us 8 cars, all parked with noses forming a circle (i.e., they would have to be parked in a very LARGE parking lot)! Yes, I see your suggestion to get creative with our arrangements of however many vehicles we can assemble. It’s going to be interesting… I have difficulty getting access to 3 vehicles, let alone more!

Kimberly Buchanan
          Keymaster

I know! But I was so excited to post this lesson!! LOL! You CAN do this with 3 vehicles, of course. Just nose-to-nose with space between. Change your start line instead of moving the vehicles if that’s easier. Find a few friends to practice with. I know you can do it! 🙂

Kimberly Buchanan
            Joyride K9 Dog Training

Susanne Howarth
            Participant

Unfortunately, I don’t seem to have local friends who are interested in practicing! I might need to move to Alaska…

Kimberly Buchanan
              Keymaster

Well, do what you can. You can use OTHER big obstacles in lieu of actual cars. Think dumpsters….

Kimberly Buchanan
                Joyride K9 Dog Training

Susanne Howarth
                Participant

🙂

Kimberly Buchanan
                  Keymaster

Hey guys – I’m going to try to move this conversation over to the Club House discussion….

Kimberly Buchanan
                    Joyride K9 Dog Training

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • The topic ‘SOTMC-2016 May Lesson’ is closed to new replies.