~JOYRIDE K9 *REMOTE* K9NW EDUCATION~

Movie week?

Home Forums JOYRIDE K9 OPEN FORUM Movie week?

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      Kimberly Buchanan
      Keymaster

So I’m considering a 1-week course to review your choice of videos. I would limit participation to 12 working spots, each person can post up to 3 videos in that week, same format for GOLD/SILVER/BRONZE as the 3- and 6- week courses. Is this something that would be of interest and since we’ve “dark” until sometime in January, is it something that might be of interest if I offer this near the end of November/first part of December??

Kimberly Buchanan
        Joyride K9 Dog Training

Linda Bath
        Participant

Kim I would be interested. We would put together our own search and then you would review it? I am in. The first week in December I am going to San Diego for five days, so that might be the only drawback for me. If I did the video before I left it would still work. Molly is staying here with my husband.

Kimberly Buchanan
          Keymaster

Hi Linda – I would give people the option of creating their own search/videos for review or sharing trial videos. Whatever people want and whatever level. It would need to be of their dog and their search, tho’, not of a friend or student. Each person could submit up to 3 videos in the week. Still need to wait for feedback, so all 3 couldn’t be submitted together but I think it would work. This would give people the option of setting up the Sniff of the Month search and having it reviewed at some point if I do offer this periodically. And people would still have access to view the forums after the week, they just couldn’t contribute beyond that time frame.

Kimberly Buchanan
            Joyride K9 Dog Training

Gina Baker
            Spectator

Count me in!! I think that sounds great! As far as the videos from the trail – are these videos that we can buy or do you access to the trial videos? I only ask because there has only been one element trail that any videos were posted. Will there be more opportunities to buy videos.

Either way…I am looking forward it. Actually it would be good getting comments on the trial videos – since our searches are still a big burr for me!

Thanks Kim!

Susanne Howarth
              Participant

As you know, I LOVE this idea! I currently have 4 EST trial videos (Wrightwood) on which I’d love feedback and I should soon have 2 more NW2 videos from Grass Valley this weekend, which is double the number you’re talking about doing. Would that mean I could pay twice and do all 6? Alternatively, I could somehow choose 3 of the 6.

I also love the idea of tying this into the Sniff of the Month Club! When I did NW201/Gold, I found that needing to post videos of my assigned searches held me much more accountable than if I am just practicing on my own and perhaps also more accountable than being a Silver/Bronze Stalker ?

Terry Wright and Kai
                  Participant

I agree Susanne, posting videos makes me more accountable.

Sure wish we could get copies of our trial videos. I would love to see where I screwed up in our last NW2 trial. I know of one for sure where in hindsight was so so silly on my part, but would like to see it. I go thru the trials with *stage fright* so it’s hard to go back and remember what was happening at that particular time frame.

Kim, this where you what us to start a new thread to introduce ourselves and our dogs?

Terry Wright

Linda Bath
                  Participant

Kim,count me in. I love this idea as well and can see how it will work well with the Sniff of the Month club. Molly and I will start putting together some video’s for reveiw. Susanne how do you get trial videos?

Kimberly Buchanan
                    Keymaster

The videos for trials is a new thing NACSW has been dabbling with. The testers worked well and it seems we are having success on the west coast. I think they may have had a trial on the east coast, not sure? I think it is something that is up to the host and has to be with approved videographers. There is a team from Oregon who travels for some of our trials here but I expect there to be other carefully selected people in other regions.

As for the number of videos for this, yes, you’d have to choose 3 (same dog) but you could subscribe for both dogs and have the option of more videos. It’s an awful lot in a week, tho’. ๐Ÿ™‚

I think it will integrate well w/the Sniff of the Month, Monthly Alert, whatever it ends up being called. ๐Ÿ˜‰ It gives people the option of having those videos reviewed, tho’ probably not as quickly as desired since I won’t likely offer this every month, but every now and then. Kind of depends on demand and my schedule. I like it tho’! ๐Ÿ™‚

Kimberly Buchanan
                      Joyride K9 Dog Training

Kimberly Buchanan
                      Keymaster

Linda – what days are you in San Diego? I’m thinking of doing this first round of “Movie Week” starting mid-week rather than on a Monday and ending on Sunday…

Kimberly Buchanan
                        Joyride K9 Dog Training

Kathryn Dobyns
                        Participant

I have 2 videos from my NW2 trial in Latrobe,PA from Memorial Day weekend and 2 from the L1Container trial the next day. I think that was the first video done on the east coast. Of course, the 1 search that weekend (in the L1C trial) that we did not pass is one that was not video’d – I would really benefit even more from video of the misses!

Linda Bath
                          Participant

Kim sorry I didn’t see this earlier. I will be in San Diego December 2 -6th. Will have access and time to post videos. I would just have them on my IPad before I left. Thank you. Hope it works out.

Kimberly Buchanan
                            Keymaster

MOVIE WEEK is now available for registration! It will run from Wednesday, December 2nd thru Tuesday December 8th. Go to the ENROLLMENT page! ๐Ÿ™‚

Kimberly Buchanan
                              Joyride K9 Dog Training

Kimberly Buchanan
                              Keymaster

Terry – Did you get your confirmation for the course? There is a NEW course forum where you’ll go to the GOLD thread, just like before, and add your info. Let me know if you need help. You can probably go to the top of the menu here (look just above the posts and under the thread title) and go to FORUMS. That will take you to all the forums and you can find the MW2015Dec forums. Then go to the GOLD forum under that and add your thread.

Kimberly Buchanan
                                Joyride K9 Dog Training

Kimberly Buchanan
                                Keymaster

We have three BRONZE and five GOLD students so far in our first Movie Week! If you know someone who might be interested in signing up please share the info! ๐Ÿ™‚

edit: We now have SEVEN GOLD students! ๐Ÿ™‚

Kimberly Buchanan
                                  Joyride K9 Dog Training

Viewing 12 reply threads
                              • The topic ‘Movie week?’ is closed to new replies.