~JOYRIDE K9 *REMOTE* K9NW EDUCATION~

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Linda Bath
      Participant

Hi all. Will be reading all your posts and living vicariously through you. Molly has three bulging disks (via X-ray) and has lost partial use of her back legs. Hopefully the next few weeks with rest and anti-inflammatories she will make a recovery. I do believe long walks and the beach are not in her future. As she has not been hit by a car, or hurt by a person, we do not know what caused this. I do believe it has been coming the last few years as she has been lame off and on, never on the same leg. Molly has gone from not being able to use her hind end, to walking with an unnatural gate.
      Such a big heart she can barely walk and wants to play ball. I am having to kennel her for her own good.
      Keep up the great searches. We hope to join you soon.

Terry Wright and Kai
      Participant

Oh Linda I am so sorry to hear about Ms. Molly. I will send prayers your way!
      You are welcome to make comments on any of my posts 🙂

When do you plan on coming back to Alaska?
      BIG HUGS to you and Ms. Molly!!

Terry Wright

Kathryn Dobyns
      Participant

Linda, I am so sorry to hear Molly is struggling. Did your vet mention FCM? (Fibrocartilaginous Embolic Myelopathy). That is pretty common in larger dogs and the prognosis is often good with time. Of course, you need an MRI to definitively diagnose it. Is she painful? Disc disease is generally very painful, while FCM is more true weakness – doesn’t hurt, the legs just don’t work. Hope she continues to improve!

Linda Bath
      Participant

Kathryn, thank you for the information. I am in Mexico to return in four weeks to Alaska. The vets here are not very helpful, but the anti inflammatory has seemed to help. She is much better today. Hard to keep the girl quiet as she is normally an active dog with a big hear. Terry I fly in on April 13th. Sandy W is coming in that day as well.

Terry Wright and Kai
      Participant

It will be great to see you and Sandy again!
      Continuing to send prayers for Ms. Molly!

Terry Wright

Deb (De) Frost
      Participant

Oh my, Linda … I don’t check in for a day and I come back to read THIS. 🙁

Hugs to our Molly! I hope she continues to improve. I’m sure you’ve been in touch with both Sandy and Bev – if anyone can give you both the support you need for issues like Molly’s, it would be those two. Sigh.

It will really be wonderful to have both of you back in Alaska, to be sure! Did you know that Bev has signed her new Berner pup up for the beginner Nose Work class? 🙂 We’re going to have so much fun with that “little” guy.

Carolyn Murray
      Participant

I’m sorry to hear about Molly. I sure hope she continues to be on the mend and that the two of you are back to sniffing soon! 🙂

Linda Bath
      Participant

Molly is mending. When it first happened it didn’t seem the news was good at all. She has been not herself off and on this last year and now I know why. She is back to walking short distances. I am trying to keep her from running or jumping. Molly is definatly feeling better. She is back to a wagging tail and a smile. I might let her do some easy NW just to keep her mind busy. Any ideas that involve not going anywhere and not a lot of movement?

Kimberly Buchanan
      Keymaster

Oh GEEZ! I’m so sorry to hear about Molly! Sending healing juju her way, hopefully this is something she will get over and be on the mend. <3

Kimberly Buchanan
      Joyride K9 Dog Training

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Molly’ is closed to new replies.