~JOYRIDE K9 *REMOTE* K9NW EDUCATION~

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Kimberly Buchanan
      Keymaster

Our course is winding down! It’s always sad to say goodbye! So many of you have taken several of these courses with me and I so enjoy watching your dogs’ progress from the first time. For those of you new to the online format, I hope you have found it useful! I do my best to work with each of you as an individual team as well as the class as a whole. I have yet to have a fixed curriculum and find that the lessons unfold as we go along and I see places we can go.

I’ve posted your last lesson “Can you hear me now?” which involves 4 different searches. Whatever you can get to and post before MIDNIGHT Pacific Time Sunday night (Monday morning) I will reply/give feedback to, even if it’s after Sunday. The forums will be closed but of course, I can still post. ๐Ÿ˜‰ If you would like feedback on multiple videos, please ADD a post after you insert each video to use as a “spacer” post so I can comment directly after the video submission.

I’m happy to take constructive feedback at kimberly@joyridek9.education and always welcome positive comments for the website, as well.

If you have friends who are working at the beginning levels, Iโ€™ve got two 6-week courses Iโ€™m planning for the end of October, NW102 & NW103. Early bird pricing ends on October 5th! Beyond that, I hope to offer some more advanced training in early 2016, the exact level(s) to be determined based on interest.

Thanks again, guys, and happy sniffing! ๐Ÿ™‚

Kimberly Buchanan
        Joyride K9 Dog Training

Tina Evrard
        Participant

Oh man, lesson 6 looks FUN! I won’t be able to get to it in time because (aside from Skye not feeling well) my friend is hosting the very first trial in our area this weekend!!!!!!!! I finally get to be trained in the scoreroom too. Even though we won’t be sniffin, I’ll still be having tons of nosework fun ๐Ÿ™‚

I have enjoyed this class immensely! I feel that your feedback will be pivotal to our future success, thank you for your keen eye and constructive review of our work. I promise to work on my issues (pay early!!!!). I hope to enroll again next year, thank you again!

Kathryn Dobyns
          Participant

I, too, am pleased to have had the chance to take this class and get personal feedback. I plan to work through all these lessons again with my training partners! Hunter and I are still growing as a team, but hopefully we will eventually get to test ourselves at the NW3 level (but there is no rush!).

I may not get to complete lesson 6 either – we have a hurricane bearing down on us this weekend with heavy rain and flooding in the forecast. I am planning to do all these searches, but it may not happen until after class is over.

Tina, I hope Skye feels better soon – and have fun learning the storeroom this weekend.

Kimberly Buchanan
            Keymaster

Stay safe, Kathryn! I know several folks who are battening down the hatches!

Kimberly Buchanan
              Joyride K9 Dog Training

Kathryn Dobyns
              Participant

Now it looks like the hurricane will pass us by (happy, happy), but we are still deluged with rain from an unrelated storm system. No outdoor agility for Hunter this weekend. Nosework can happen in the rain, but agility is too risky.

Deb (De) Frost
                Participant

Good to hear the hurricane is passing you by, Kathryn … it sure has done enough damage (or the flooding has, anyway).

Kim, this has been as usual, an excellent course! It seems that I leave each of your courses with more questions than I started out with – but it’s only because I DO understand more, read my dog more and now have questions that I didn’t KNOW to ask about before.

I’m looking forward to more advanced NW classes with you – hopefully in early 2016. I’m planning on asking my hubby for one as a Christmas gift!! ๐Ÿ˜‰ I’d love to see more NW3 level challenges, more “are we done yet?” types of searches, more understanding air currents challenges … heck, anything you throw at us will be good, I am sure. ๐Ÿ™‚

Thank you again for taking on THIS challenge and offering these classes. I’ve enjoyed each of them so far, and really do hope to come back for more. Have a good Christmas if I don’t talk to you between now and the New Year – other than more feedback for the last two videos I just posted – and my one saved for tomorrow!! I promise, I’ll get it uploaded well before 11:00 pm – ALASKA time. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Kimberly Buchanan
                  Keymaster

Thanks, Deb, always a pleasure with you and Baxter! I’ll keep you posted about the next set of courses! If you know anyone at the lower levels who might benefit from some online instruction, feel free to let them know about the courses I have planned for the end of the month! ๐Ÿ™‚

Kimberly Buchanan
                    Joyride K9 Dog Training

Kimberly Buchanan
                    Keymaster

Thanks, Deb, always a pleasure with you and Baxter! I’ll keep you posted about the next set of courses! If you know anyone at the lower levels who might benefit from some online instruction, feel free to let them know about the courses I have planned for the end of the month! ๐Ÿ™‚

Kimberly Buchanan
                      Joyride K9 Dog Training

Deb (De) Frost
                      Participant

Well … the fun will be over for now – in just a few minutes! I did manage to post my last video about an hour ago. Hope you see it – I’ll check tomorrow for hoped for feedback. Otherwise – hope to see some of the rest of you again SOON! It’s been a blast!

Happy sniffing, everyone! ๐Ÿ™‚

Deb & Baxter

Kimberly Buchanan
                        Keymaster

I am slowly making my way thru all the videos and reviewing them, I’m done with this group now. My fault for getting the lesson out so late but I really just wanted to leave you all with something to work on, even after the course ended. Keep having fun! ๐Ÿ™‚

Kimberly Buchanan
                          Joyride K9 Dog Training

Viewing 9 reply threads
                      • The topic ‘Just a few more days to go!’ is closed to new replies.