Deb and Baxter NW3 Ninilchik

• Creator
    Topic
    Terry Wright
    Participant

Hi Deb, no I don’t know what the temp/weather was that weekend in Ninilchik, remember I cancelled that trial because that is when Taku had gotten so sick with pancreatitis, plus they were telling us that he had a mass on his liver (which thank God they were wrong).

Yeah I see you pulled a Terry Maye!! Hehehe. I told you and others this before… the NW2 before last, I pulled the same kind of move… I would not Move Out of Taku’s way! He searched a small bedroom, he kept smelling along the floor where the sheet was hanging to the floor at the end to the bed… so we kept smelling from one end to the other end and back… We timed out on that one, he never showed me anything for me to alert on!

IT was behind me on the bottom (floor) of a dresser/vanity front leg!!!! Sheesh… I will never ever forget that search!
    Saving grace was we nailed the next room with two hides in it ๐Ÿ™‚

Deb… we live and learn and have fun doing it ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Terry Wright
    Participant

Kim posted… “I do believe Baxter would have gone left had you not stepped forward with him into the search. Look at (:06)…..”
    I did see that… Baxter was at first headed to the left.

It’s these painful learning lessons that stay with us and *hopefully* prevent us from repeating them. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Kimberly Buchanan
    Joyride K9 Dog Training

Deb (De) Frost
    Participant

And … I am pleased to say, the disastrous Exterior search last August played a role in our SUCCESSFUL Exterior search in the trial last week in Los Angeles. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Knowing what I’d done wrong there (not the start line, but keeping him searching on pooling odor and not allowing him to move on), thankfully I recognized the same sort of behavior in the Exterior search last week in LA.
    I let him search thoroughly, but when he didn’t pin anything down, I stepped back and encouraged him to move on. I kept in mind he had definitely been in odor in that area, so I made sure we came back from a different direction – and Baxter quickly pegged the hide under the lip of the trash can directly opposite the wall/railing he’d been stuck on.

At least one lesson learned. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Terry Wright
    Participant

Deb, you said ” I’ll check to see what else Linda posted before I put up my 3rd video, so I don’t duplicate another search!”
    Does it matter if you people turn in the same search area?? It’s different dogs ๐Ÿ™‚
    I love seeing how different dogs work the same areas ๐Ÿ™‚

Deb (De) Frost
    Participant

Very true, Terry. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ And actually, it doesn’t look like Linda used the container search here anyway … but she might’ve used it in a different class with Kim. ๐Ÿ• I love watching different dogs run the same search, too. I learn something from each and every dog.

I think it was from a different Movie Week! ๐Ÿ™‚

Kimberly Buchanan
    Joyride K9 Dog Training

Linda Bath
    Participant

Yep I did use that video in the last movie week. We missed the brown bag because I didn’t let her search the plant (nerves) and the next tome through I was between the bag and the dog! Good grief. Hopefully, like Deb, I will learn from this and do better next time.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Deb and Baxter NW3 Ninilchik’ is closed to new replies.