~JOYRIDE K9 *REMOTE* K9NW EDUCATION~

Tagged: 

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Susanne Howarth
      Participant

Forgive me for taking a moment to brag on a dog who isn’t even a student in this class! But I just wanted to let the rest of the class know that my other dog, Biscuit, and I flew to Alaska this week for the NW2 trial they hosted today, and Biscuit titled with flying colors — 3rd place in Exteriors and Pronounced overall! Tomorrow, we’ll be volunteering and cheering De (Deb) Frost on, as she and Baxter go for their second NW3 title. Yippee!

Kimberly Buchanan
        Keymaster

YEAH!! So proud of you two! You’ve put in a lot of work and deserve the reap the rewards! ๐Ÿ™‚

And good luck to Deb & Baxter!! ๐Ÿ™‚

Kimberly Buchanan
          Joyride K9 Dog Training

Deb (De) Frost
          Participant

Susanne and Biscuit did BEAUTIFULLY yesterday!! ๐Ÿ™‚ It was so much fun to watch them. I was able to watch both Vehicles and Exteriors as a volunteer, so had a front row seat for Biscuit’s performance. It was super!

Baxter and I didn’t do QUITE as well (as I mentioned in more detail on another thread). We got three out of four elements in the NW3 trial today with no problem – I took longer in Vehicles than I needed, for sure (nearly timed out – and there was only ONE hide <ack!>), and we got 1st place and earned an Elements ribbon in Exteriors. ๐Ÿ™‚ No title today though.

I messed up in Interiors <sigh>. We got the first two rooms with absolutely NO problem. I felt totally confident that Baxter had checked well and would’ve told me if there was anything else there. So WHY did I not continue to trust him through that third room? Sigh.

Susanne Howarth
            Participant

You two looked great — except for that “bonus” hide in interiors ๐Ÿ™ I was so bummed to see that!!! But congratulations on everything else! It really was a great day
              ๐Ÿ™‚

Stefanie Alexander
              Participant

Congrats, Susanne and Biscuit, on your amazing performance in Alaska! Bravo!

Deb (De) Frost
                Participant

Well, today went better than yesterday … my 9-yr-old Abby girl earned her NW1 title today! And Pronounced, which was almost as exciting as the title.

And I remembered a lesson hard-learned (from our 1st NW1 trial where I didn’t BELIEVE my sweet girl when she told me the hide was on a BBQ grill – it was); so today when Abby told me the hide was INSIDE a bedroom size trash can, I thought … OK. I called “Alert!”

We took 2nd place in that element. ?

Susanne Howarth
                  Participant

Congratulations to you both! I wish we’d been able to stay and see your success today!!!

Stefanie Alexander
                    Participant

Great job this weekend, Deb. Woot-woot to you and Abby on the NW1; most impressive!

Kimberly Buchanan
                      Keymaster

Great job to all of you! ๐Ÿ™‚

Kimberly Buchanan
                        Joyride K9 Dog Training

Sarah Sorlien
                        Participant

Congratulations!

Viewing 9 reply threads
                      • The topic ‘A Moment to Brag’ is closed to new replies.