~JOYRIDE K9 *REMOTE* K9NW EDUCATION~

Home Forums ARCHIVES ARCHIVES-SOTMC FORUMS SOTMC-2016-12-December SOTMC-2016 December Lesson Reply To: SOTMC-2016 December Lesson

Kimberly Buchanan
Keymaster

Sorry guys – was a bit busy yesterday and today!

The most important are rounds 1-3. YES, they are completely separate and will each likely take a good portion of 3 minutes. If they don’t, bravo to you! 😉

What I’m trying to get at is having the dog gain lots of quick success with converging odor and low hides to begin. Then, experimenting with 2-3 HIGH hides. These might take awhile, as well. You might only get one or two pairs. My regular students had no trouble with part 3 but I tried this in NorCal last weekend and never got TO this point after the elevated hides with their dogs working on NW3. They had too much trouble with the high hides so I switched gears at that point.

ONLY dogs who are working on NW3+ will likely have enough history of success and/or experience to fulfill Parts 3+. You can decide to add it but just ONE pair will likely take awhile.

So to answer your question, each provides a different skill set but starting with Part 2, it gets difficult. 🙂

Kimberly Buchanan
Joyride K9 Dog Training