Home › Forums › ARCHIVES › NW525: Back to Basics (K9NW), 10/10/16 › NW525: Classroom Forum (Silver/Gold discuss all other things here!) › What does “The Basics” mean to you? › Reply To: What does “The Basics” mean to you?
To me, “basics” include several things:
1. All the stuff we should have learned in our first 6 months of nose work training;
2. All the stuff we did learn at that time but have now forgotten (or decided we were big kids and could ignore!); and
3. How all that stuff can (or should NOT) be adapted for our more experienced dogs.
Some other topics include:
1. Hide Placement 101: where and how to place hides; spacing of hides (for different purposes).
2. How to create a plan for training.
3. How to prepare for a trial.
4. When to focus on a single specific objective; when to move on and/or just vary the practice.