~JOYRIDE K9 *REMOTE* K9NW EDUCATION~

Kimberly Buchanan
Keymaster

Wow Cooper is looking so good! I really am thrilled that he’s sourcing the hides so well!

One comment; At (:44+) your body language says “don’t go any further, we’re going this way” which made Cooper veer to the right, off of the wall. In my mind (before I watched the rest of the search) I thought, “Oh, the search ends with the equipment on the wall and goes to the right.” Well, Cooper very nicely sourced the hide on the column but there was another hide along the wall that he beautifully found FROM the corner of the column! So nice job staying out of his way and letting him go BACK to that second hide!

So what’s the take-away? On the one hand, you could argue that you’re not making Cooper work an area but letting him choose but I’ll argue that he was working that last wall hide. Yes, he was momentarily interrupted a bit with the treat bag but more than that I think it was your location and your body language that deterred him from continuing to work that hide. You can see him at (:34) turning around to look at you, as if to ask “Where do you want me to go?”

With a dog who is sensitive it’s additionally important to be careful what we “say” to them. The good news is that he did solve all 3 hides (with a slight interruption) within (1:18) and there was some good stuff there, so nicely done! 🙂

Kimberly Buchanan
Joyride K9 Dog Training