~JOYRIDE K9 *REMOTE* K9NW EDUCATION~

This search looked really good! I liked that she moved on pretty easily to find more hides. She seemed to understand that there were more reward opportunities ahead. She did race into the search area but a lot of dogs will do a “general” of the area before they start refining the search. I mentioned in Sarah/Angie’s post about thinking of a search area as a canvas painting. In Scout’s case it’s like a blurry image that needs to be sharpened to know precisely where the points are in the search. I thought she did a very nice job working them. I might not have paid her as many times at the post hide but she was still willing to work to find others. It can just take a lot of time with the same hide and multiple rewards.

I’m trying to figure out where the hide was near the TV stand? It looked like she was certain she found the hide so I would look at where the hide was and if it was channeling/traveling to where she indicated. (She is good at sourcing so I would say the dog isn’t wrong.)

I think it would be good to take this search outside now! I’m thinking you’ll have to work her on-leash so the trick will be to try not to influence her but follow as unobtrusively as possible. Use your longer line to pay out and reel in as needed so you don’t have to rush to keep up with her. 🙂 Once she gets to a hide you’ll go in and pay and ask her to find more, paying out the line as she moves away. Try to not move until she either gets to another hide or gets to the end of your leash, so you can maintain some distance. Let’s see what happens!

Kimberly Buchanan
Joyride K9 Dog Training