~JOYRIDE K9 *REMOTE* K9NW EDUCATION~

Kimberly Buchanan
Keymaster

Interesting Blackie “notices” the odor on the seat at the beginning of the search but doesn’t tell you. I wonder if this is one of those cases of “I’ll be back” and the hide on the BBQ was calling loudly. 🙂 Sometimes with a hide that has even some elevation in the distance, if the wind is just right it will pull a dog from the start line.

Once again, we see either a swirling or shifting wind and I think it has to do with the trees. Blackie picks up speed around a minute to go to the hide she skipped at the beginning.

Sometimes the best you can do in a search like this is just make sure the dog has covered everything and leave the rest up to them. If they’re odor obedient they should locate odor if it’s there.

On that note (and not necessarily what the lesson is for) I love seeing what the dog offers when there are known hides but in a blind search, it might be helpful to be sure you cover an area while you’re there. It would be an interesting experiment to see if Blackie does indeed work an odor with a little more influence from you to keep covering the area. NOT saying that’s what you should switch to, but experiment to know if it’s something you could potentially use down the road if you needed it. Just a side thought ~

It’s great to see Blackie at ease in an environment that might be hard for other dogs. 🙂

Kimberly Buchanan
Joyride K9 Dog Training