~JOYRIDE K9 *REMOTE* K9NW EDUCATION~

Kimberly Buchanan
Keymaster

Ok, a couple of things;

Good job for combining your videos! 🙂

Yes, Bruce blurted the time – darn! You thought it was around a minute? That’s actually a good guess vs. the actual time. Nine second off is pretty good!

Reality is that Annie is giving you a strong indication before you call the “Alert.” Only because you DIDN’T call alert when she told you about hide #4 I thought it worth mentioning because we do see Annie leave the hide. It’s the same as marking “YES” when a dog gets to a hide we KNOW is there. What happens when you don’t know? You wouldn’t say “YES” or you wouldn’t say it in the same way or timing as when you know where the hide is.

Reality is that we WILL be calling alert and there are times we will be wrong so the dog doesn’t get paid. But I’m just getting you to think about it from the dog’s perspective and how to support your dog when you know where the hide is but your expectation differs from what your dog shows you. 🙂

Oh – and I’m not sure that’s why she left it for last. Maybe. Or maybe the air currents were just drawing her to hides in a different sequence. Either way she looks good!

Kimberly Buchanan
Joyride K9 Dog Training