~JOYRIDE K9 *REMOTE* K9NW EDUCATION~

Home Forums ARCHIVES ARCHIVES-SOTMC FORUMS SOTMC-2017-01-January Carolyn Cooper, & Scout (White Shepherds, MT) Reply To: Carolyn Cooper, & Scout (White Shepherds, MT)

Carolyn Murray
Participant

Okay – we trained today for the first time in over a month! Time off was great for all of us.

The Goal – Keep it SIMPLE!

One Hide – Birch
    Multiple Containers – low
    Search #1 – 4 feet
    Search #2 – 2 feet or less
    Search #3 – 6 feet or more

I ended up moving the containers around the hotbox. Hot box never moved. Barn doors were left open and both overhead blowers were on. There was a fair amount of air movement on the floor.

Overall I was very pleased with the exercise. I felt that the dogs had great success. The only thing I wish I had done differently was to vary the start line more. Did it really matter to the dogs? Probably not.

Cooper ran first. Other than some start line frustration, he got right to work and went straight to the hide. What else can you say about him? I was happy.

Scout ran third (friend’s dog ran second). Again, I was really happy with her. She worked a little harder when the containers were close together, but that was fine. The barn is a very exciting place for Scout and she loves to race around and critter. She came in today, after not doing nosework or being in the barn for over a month, and got down to business. Very happy! 🙂