~JOYRIDE K9 *REMOTE* K9NW EDUCATION~

Fortunately I had the opportunity to watch videos of these searches with another student! So I’m pretty sure the container she missed is a suitcase. I’ll point it out in my comments. (You are right, tho’, the sketch is incorrect. there was only 1 box between the two hides.)

We see your thoughtful search begin with you walking to the outside of the containers – bravo! However, note which part of the containers Biscuit actually investigates. Not always the outside perimeter. This is what we see at (:17) when she checks the suitcase, which I believe is the odor bag. It’s possible she was drawn to the tree-side because of the nearby odor. Regardless she didn’t get to the outside and I’m betting that’s why she missed it.

When she gets to her first find, you do a nice movement to not sell her and see if she stays. She does with a nice tail wag! Expectation of imminent reward! 🙂 Nice! 🙂

You continue on the outside and Biscuit slips to the inside of the next container, we can’t see behind the tree, and then resumes the outside path.

Biscuit shows a lot of interest in one container (1:21+) and you appropriately shift your weight and step back and Biscuit leaves the container. She continues with you to the next container and then lingers there, you step back and she wags her tail! DARN! You didn’t do anything wrong. I’d have called that, too. The only thing I can think of is odor drifting over there from the hide. I’m pretty sure it’s NOT the suitcase next to the box but I’ll find out and let you know.

FWIW, luggage kind of *is* a distractor, so something there was interesting if it’s not the odor…

EDIT: I confirmed, the ODOR containers have just one box between. The hides are in the bag Biscuit got and two down, the green suitcase w/the X on it. 🙂

Kimberly Buchanan
Joyride K9 Dog Training